Saturday, November 1, 2014

30 Day Forgiveness Challenge

Hello Everyone!!! I hope all is well with each and everyone of you!  Ok, so some of you are probably
wondering what in the world is this forgiveness challenge and what it consists of! Well, I will explain to you in details what it is later on in this post.  We all know that forgiving people who have hurt us in ways that sometimes seems unforgivable is one of the hardest tasks we will have to do. When we hold a grudge against someone, don't you know that person has some power over us? What we have done is we have allowed them to have control over our emotions. For example, when we see this person, anger stirs up in our hearts as the memory of what they did or said plays out in our mind. No one should ever have that much control over us in a negative way like that. 

This challenge also includes not only forgiving other people, but ourselves. Some of us have problems with forgiving ourselves of things we have done in the past, but the word of God says,
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" ( I John 1: 9)
I've been there and trust me it's not a good feeling when we are beating up ourselves for things God has already forgiven us for.  

I remember one time that I thought it would be almost impossible to forgive this particular person. Well, for me it took a lot of prayers to be able to forgive them, but God allowed me to love this person freely without having anything in my heart against them. I am telling you if it wasn't for the grace of God, I wouldn't even have thought about forgiving this person or would have been capable of forgiving them. God shifted my perspective from my own hurt to see the bigger picture that people who hurt others intentionally are hurt and broken people themselves. 

I think sometimes we fear that when we truly forgive someone, we are allowing ourselves to believe that what they said or did is okay. No, it's not okay!! We are just freeing ourselves from their power. The Lord placed this idea of doing a 30 Day Forgiveness Challenge in my spirit about a month ago. How does this work? I want you to pray everyday for 30 days for the person who have hurt you and you can't seem to forgive this person. Also pray for yourself if you can't seem to forgive yourself for things you have done in the past.  If you feel the Lord leading you to fast during this time, then do it.  Each day I'm going to put scriptures or some type of encouragement to help you along the way.Some of the scriptures that I will be posting will be talking about love and not necessarily forgiveness, but love is part of the forgiveness process. We must learn to love like Christ wants us to in order to forgive ourselves and others.  I can't guarantee that you will forgive this person or yourself in 30 days. However, this will lead you on the path of forgiveness and clean your heart of any strife or malice that may have taken root.

This challenge will commence on today. If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please email me at jesussaveseva8@gmail.com.


Your Sister in Christ,


1 comment :

  1. Bless the Lord! Sis. Forgiveness is Real in your life once you let the hurt go, talking from experience I do relate. But God is the only one who can deliver you, so you can forgive. God removes the Sting out of the Hurt so you can move forward and forgive. God Bless all who are letting Go and Allowing God in your Life.. PEACE!!

    ReplyDelete