Thursday, January 4, 2018

I Lost My Ring!


It was a typical Sunday morning and I was getting ready for church as I do on most Sundays.  As I was putting on my simple array of jewelry, I reached for my ring on my bureau. Suddenly, I realized it wasn’t where I normally placed it. At this point, I'm searching everywhere around my bureau and my ring was nowhere to be found. My heart sunk into my stomach as I started to feel the panic rise within me. In moments like this, we have two choices-one is to panic and the other is to trust God.  With God’s help, I decided to choose the latter choice.  I remember praying to God and I said this, “I will not panic. Lord, I don’t know where this ring is but you do. One or two things will happen. I will either find this ring or You will provide me the funds to replace it.” After I prayed this, a thought entered my mind that I probably lost the ring the previous day at my church’s banquet. This made me even more worried because in my mind, I’m thinking, “If I lost it there, the likelihood of me finding it is so slim.” Immediately, I had to correct myself and told God, “I trust you. You work in impossible situations, so you are going to work this out for me.”

With this in mind, I finished getting ready and headed out to church. During the worship service, hearts of thanks was given to our Heavenly Father believing that He was orchestrating the situation with my missing ring. From time to time during the remainder of the service, I thought about the ring, but it didn’t consume my thoughts. God really gave me His peace that surpassed all understanding. After church to my amazement, our pastor asked the congregation if anyone lost a ring. The ring was indeed mine and I was overcome with so much joy and gratitude. However, unbeknownst to me, I was later told the ring was already discovered the day before. 

Let's take this and look at it from a spiritual perspective. When we bring our problems to God, God has already worked out the situation. Our problems may look impossible and it may even look as if they are heading in the opposite direction than where we desire for them to go. Remember that God works in the impossible situations in our lives. From the outside, the likelihood of me finding my ring at church seemed impossible because that ring could have been anywhere or someone could have picked it up and kept it. But God!

God reminded me at that moment that He was listening to my other prayers as well. Behind the scenes, He has already orchestrated all my prayer requests as well as yours.  We should have faith that God is working on our behalf.  Don't stress and don't fret. Stand firm on God's word and His promises.  When God answered my prayer concerning my ring or any prayer request that I have, it wasn't because I deserved it but because God is good.  I can never do anything to earn God's love because His love for me is unconditional.  So remember this scripture as I close this post.

"He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:20 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment