Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Shaken: Discovering Your True Identity In The Midst of Life's Storms by Tim Tebow


   I've heard about Tim Tebow and how he proclaimed Christ, but I never followed him closely.  I'm not into football, so naturally I didn't know much about him such as the teams he played for or anything of that nature.  As I was perusing books to read, I felt led to read his book Shaken. His courageous stance on his faith piqued a curiosity in me to read the book. Who was this guy that boldly told the world that he was saving himself for marriage? Who was this guy that some knocked down because he shared his faith?

   As I began to read Shaken, God was confirming to me everything that Tim was saying. Shaken gives an account of Tim's and other individuals' experiences with life's disappointments. It is one of those books that will encourage you when you are going through a very difficult time in your life and there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel. Tim's testimonies on how he dealt with life's storms by trusting God is very uplifting. After reading Shaken, the one word that came to mind was "Powerful". I love the statement inside the flap of the book that says"Your circumstances do not define you. Your identity does." His passion for Christ and his love for others is inspiring.

I really encourage anyone who is going through a difficult time in their life or if they are questioning their faith to read this book. It doesn't matter what you are experiencing, there is always hope. Never give up and remember that God has your back.


No comments:

Post a Comment